where does this go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
i was looking at cyraxs guide and i was wondering where do i plug this into

step484mo.jpg

should i plug that cable into the mobo because in his guide it says i need a female to male molex connector but where does that plug into?

yea probably just no flash

ugh im trying to install my cpu waterblock and the screws they gave me arent long enough to each the motherboard and i cant tell if my mobo has a backplate or not without removing everything

NewCents05 said:
yes it does so i should run 1 wire from the power supply to this connector?
yes.

all it's there fore is to provide extra power to the motherboard, since the ATX connector does not always provide enough. though it's usually only an issue if you run SLI

my case has these 2 wires that went along with like hddled, reset, pwr sw and theyre called -p led and +p led where do i plug these into?

I don't run one to it. I know people chose to, and if you are a hardcore overclocker you may chose, but until then it isn't really needed (unless you use SLI.)

Don't ruin your cable management over it, but if you have one there you might as well.

NewCents05 said:
my case has these 2 wires that went along with like hddled, reset, pwr sw and theyre called -p led and +p led where do i plug these into?
check your motherboard manual
hddled = hard drive LED (needs to be plugged in the right way. if it doesn't work, turn it around)
reset = reset button
pwr sw = power switch
p led = power LED (positive and negative - LED's only let current flow one way)

the motherboard should also have acronyms written next to the pins on the board (near the PCI slots and such)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom