Where do I install my BIOS .rom file to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Where do I install my new BIOS to?

My Asus update is not working, so I have to manually update my BIOS. when I download the .rom file, where do I put it?

thanks
joe

King$nake said:
Where do I install my new BIOS to?

My Asus update is not working, so I have to manually update my BIOS. when I download the .rom file, where do I put it?

thanks
joe

What do you mean it doesn't work?
Program won't load, won't accept the Update file or what?
I would reinstall the ASUS Update program. Much easier to do.
If not Find the FAQ On ASUS Website, they will have an answer for BIOS Flashing.

Why do you need to flash it anyways?

Re: Re: Where do I install my BIOS .rom file to?

Ste said:
What do you mean it doesn't work?
Program won't load, won't accept the Update file or what?
I would reinstall the ASUS Update program. Much easier to do.
If not Find the FAQ On ASUS Website, they will have an answer for BIOS Flashing.
Could you like, answer/respond to my other suggestions/statements..........

ASUSUpdate will say "Connected", and than it will stay "Connected" for 2 minutes or so, than it will say "connecting" again, and after about 3 or 4 attempts, the program stops responding. This is on all 3 servers also...

Ive reinstalled it from the CD multiple times. I have not checked the Asus website, Ill look into it now

Asus Update generally won't work if you set it to download and install a BIOS update. What I do instead is go to Asus' website, manually download the BIOS update I want (save it anywhere), and tell Asus Update I want to "Update BIOS from file". Then just select the file I downloaded and let it do the rest.

I've done it a couple times already on this comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom