Where can I find a cheap q6600 with the GO stepping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
I heard there is two stepping b3 and GO or something like that.

And newegg has it cheap, but it seems like they go both ways. GO and B3

Where Can I get it around the same price, and still guaranteed a GO?

1) Anyone know how much the q6600 was when it was brand new?

When it first came out it was $800, but it wasn't worth it then because you could get a QX6700 for that price..

Remember there are some B3's that overclock really well and G0's that overclock like crap, so don't be too disappointed if you get a B3 Revision

However I think ClubIT and TankGuys sell Guaranteed G0's, but you could also check Inferno Deal's he has the Retail for $195.. (SLACR on the box means its G0)

Thanks man, so really I should just go with whatever i get?

Cause on newegg, there were some badly dissapointed people because they got the b3 and newegg refused to exchange it.

I also heard (base on newegg reviews) that b3 gets hotter.

So whats the deal with all of these? why making two different version for the same price? Whats going on in Intels head? I though they were good business at stealing peoples money. Or even better, why would they just even create two versions?

Well before July 22nd 2007, they made the q6600 which was originally B3, but after July 22nd after they cut it down to $266 they made a new revision called G0 which was 95w (from 120w) and consumed less power and overclocked better and it was way cheaper to make..

Its almost been a year since the B3's were stopped in production, so theres a low chance of getting one.. but you could still get one

But I've known people who've gotten a B3 said it was DOA and sent it for RMA

Idk why people always say that..

no its not better, for the reasons I've said above (runs hotter, consumes more power)

lol, i had a b3 which wasnt too good for overclocking, i cant remember exactly what i had it running at, but when i got my g0 it runs at 3.2 on 1.31 voltage which is pretty good. i can get 3.6 but the voltage has to be pretty high for it to be stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom