Where to buy a Gaming PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanb1818

Baseband Member
Hey i have recently sold my computer on ebay because ive been looking forward to upgrading since i got a resonable amount of money for graduating :D . Now ive been looking around websites to buy a PC since i dnt want to just buy the parts because i dnt know how to put a PC together with all the wiring and such. So i just wanted to buy one. I went to Dell and such and i noticed they were hella more expensive then the one from like other websites but im afraid to just buy a expensive comp from just any website you know. Does anyone know any good websites to by a hella good comp on? I have enough to buy a comp in the $1500-$2300 dollar range. Help me out please!! I want to start playing oblivion !! HeH

Gaming PC. 1500-2300. you can get a really really really nice rig if you buy each piece from newegg.

if you bought a prebuilt expect 20-70% less performance.

I would love to build my own PC but know absolutely nothing about connectors and wiring and such. Ive tried it before and got completely lost. And i also dont know how to format. Does any one know a relly good indepth guide? or where i can buy a gaming pc heh

You could get a nice rig at alienware, but its nothing close to the bang for your buck you deserve. You can try acer.com as well.

Figuring out how to build one..... you could probably go to best buy with a shitload of pieces and have someone fix a computer up for you for some cash. or find a buddy of yours thats into computers.

or if by an extremely small chance, if you live by me I could help..

I could build it for you. :D

Anyway, $1500-2300 could get you a really nice system, easily slicing through Oblivion, HL2: Ep. 1, whatever. Try maybe:

160GB Seagate 7200.9
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (S939)
eVGA 7900GT KO Superclocked
(or maybe GTX?)
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
AMD A64 4400+ X2 S939
(or maybe Opteron 170)
2GB Corsair XMS RAM
Windows XP Pro SP2
Antec TPII 550W

Then pretty much any case, maybe an Antec P180b. You could try and get an AM2 later (or a new Intel model) for a better upgrade path in the future.

There are several online companies that can build you a custom system fairly cheap (compared to Alienware/Dell, etc.)

I would build it yourself. All you need to know when building a computer is how to plug a connector into a socket. There is no wiring/soldering that needs to be done. Its pretty staight forward.

Are you going to be overclocking at any time with this computer?

visionRAY said:
160GB Seagate 7200.9
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (S939)
eVGA 7900GT KO Superclocked
(or maybe GTX?)
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
AMD A64 4400+ X2 S939
(or maybe Opteron 170)
2GB Corsair XMS RAM
Windows XP Pro SP2
Antec TPII 550W

Sounds like a nice system.

Except I would get a DFI or MSI motherboard...

Its not that i cant connect things its just that i dont know where to connect them. When i was trying to do it before i was completely lost since theirs so many connecting things on the mobo and so many things to be connected. If i were to buy a system here just wat ive been lookin at for specs:
Mobo: DFILan Party Socket 939
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 3800+ or better
RAM: Crucial Tech 2GB Dual Chan
Video CArd: ATI Radeon x1900 Crossfire edition 512MB
Hard Drive Seagate 200gb
Optical Drive: gigabyte combo drive
Monitor: ViewSonic 19"
with all this ive spent around 1800 bucks and i havent found a /case i like still. Any suggestions on whats good/bad with these specs. and anyone know a website for how to put a computer together with pics?

There are a few guides posted here on TF. Do a Search for them and see what you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom