Where to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
I need to find a used XFX XXX OC 6800GS for my friend.... He wants to run SLI. They are discontinued but he really wants one... Thanks to anyone who can help!

Can I mix and match graphics cards?
In order to provide optimal symmetric scaling, SLI technology requires the NVIDIA GPUs to match. For example, a GeForce 7800 GTX must be paired with another GeForce 7800 GTX. Likewise, a GeForce 6600 GT must be paired with another GeForce 6600 GT. However, using the latest Release 80 or later graphics drivers, NVIDIA GPUs sold by different manufacturers can be used together in an SLI configuration. For example, a GeForce 7800 GT from vendor ABC can be matched with a GeForce 7800 GT from vendor XYZ.
http://www.slizone.com/page/slizone_faq.html#c11

You can use any other 6800GS with the one he has in SLI, so you don't need an identical one.

Yea but no other car has the exact same overclock. Of course any other card could be overclocked as far but he wants the exact same card. He will trade me something if I can find and buy him another one of the same cards (which would be a **** of a deal for me).

Know anyplace that sells them refurbished?

or tell you friend not to bother with a outdated SLI system like that and maybe because you saved him the money he will treat you to a nice dinner LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom