When will it be safe to purchase Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait 1 minute!!!!!! is vista going to be like windows 2000?????? I piece of poo just to hold us over for the next windows that's more solid? Now I'm scared; I just had a relapse to the time between 98 and XP

TheEnd187 said:
k cheking right now for you, you should also change your psu, stock ones that come with the case always die, and you dont live far frome where i used to live, do you live near magnolia?

magnolia ave? hmm no not far. I go to RCC Riverside Campus every week.

i live near Alessandro BLVD if u go that way n go to Trautwein rd., then go to the intersection of Orange Terrace n then look for Buckboard Ln. then BOOM i live on that street, to the right side, 4th house from the end of the street :). Y u ask?

about my PSU, im planning on upgrading to a 900w or 1000w when i have the money to buy a new PSU n a pre-OCed R600. I made a thread about what the 6-pin n 8-pin connectors r used for but no one can answer that n just said, "dont get that PSU, it's too expensive, u dont need 1000w......n blah blah blah." I thought the # of 6-pins is equal to how many GPU cards u have that support PCI-E v1.1, n # of 8-pin connectors is equal to how many GPU cards u have that support PCI-E v2.0 *on future mobos*.

planning on getting an AM3 mobo, Crossfire, 2 x 2GB DDR3 SDRAM, 250GB HDD *soon*, AMD quad-core Budapest, dual-monitors ill get later: one in the summer, another of the same in winter, a APEVIA X-PLEASURE-BK Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case *planning on getting this soon as well*. All for buying at the end of this year or Q1-Q2 2008 at the same time; cost: around $4000, n looking for job still.

*sry if i got carried away with typing, i always do that, plus im planning ahead on what to buy*

The 'word on the street" is that vienna or fiji might be modular. That is you pay for additions to the os for additional fuctionalities. But this is just speculation based on ms' patents. As far as vista goes, it won't hurt to wait a while. hardware will be better and cheaper. Vista, drivers and software will probably be better too.

TheEnd187 said:
seems like an ok setup to me lol but there is better but that thing kiks ***

ya i know what im doing, n im still asking questions now tell i have the money to purchase anything :). I'll get Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit too at the same time i purchase all the stuff i mentioned last post.

if u can't decide between 64 and 32 bit get ultimate cuz it has both versions in the package, then u dual boot it and see which u like best

I wonder just how long it will take software manufacturers to make the switch to 64bit. I mean, 64bit has been around for a long, long time; forever in servers, and for quite a while now desktops have supported it. What really irks me is when I buy a 64bit compatable processor (which probably upped the cost) and the processor is outdated before x64 software is widely supported. That happened with my last processor, and I am confident that I will see the reign of the E6xxx line of Intel processors die before I ever run a 64 bit OS.

Same with Dual-Core. Everyone is using dual core now. Who really uses single cores in their machines? ...but why? The whole concept of Dual Core processors is multithreaded applications, (multitasking is a big deal as well, but the real area, as I see it, comes in multi-threading.), and yet, how many applications are being written with two threads? Very few.

...then we have Micro$oft churning out another worthless copy of other operating systems, still plagued with the same previous flaws as XP, yet it is a resource hog. So now we have to up the game, and buy better computers to run Vista, when all we're using our computing power for is simply the dam* OS!

If Vienna is not a complete re-write, scratch, brand new OS, I am done with Micro$oft forever, and if software programmers don't start multithreading their apps and taking advantage of the powerful hardware we have, I will never buy a quad core.

I could also rant on Videocards, but I have done enough for now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom