When will I see DX10 on my Windows XP Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft was planning on it... but then decided to be SOB's and make it Vista Exclusive to drive up sales... but i don't mind getting Vista seeing that i got it the "other" way

I don't see why people don't like vista anyway. i think it's a great OS...and with the recent driver updates there's practically no difference in gaming performance between Vista and XP.

Also SP1 will bring some nice fixes in

I don't see why people don't like vista anyway. i think it's a great OS...and with the recent driver updates there's practically no difference in gaming performance between Vista and XP.

Also SP1 will bring some nice fixes in

resource hog... it effectively cuts your ram in half :p

resource hog... it effectively cuts your ram in half :p

This is a common misconception. It uses memory more efficiently...just because your RAM usage is higher doesn't mean it's "hogging" it.

well today is good... when it came out.. it was horribly crap....

So was XP....so was the R600...to be honest so is Crysis at the moment.

People whine when things are delayed...then whine when they are released early.

Vista may be the cat's meow, but I'm not going to spring $200 for an OS, and then drop another $300-$500 on a DX10 capable GFX card just to run the few games that are DX10 so far. I had planned on going Vista, but by the time M$ finished butchering it from what was originally purposed and I saw that it was released only half-baked, i decided to stay put.

I can wait for the next big thing, or the one after that.

Vista may be the cat's meow, but I'm not going to spring $200 for an OS, and then drop another $300-$500 on a DX10 capable GFX card just to run the few games that are DX10 so far. I had planned on going Vista, but by the time M$ finished butchering it from what was originally purposed and I saw that it was released only half-baked, i decided to stay put.

so u dont game much huh?

i see me getting vista n a DX10.1 card just for gaming for the time being until i get a real job that requires me to use my computer occasionally.

imo WiC itself is worth vista and a dx10 card lol XD i'll end up spending the money sooner or later, why not indulge my impatience lol

I had planned on going Vista, but by the time M$ finished butchering it from what was originally purposed and I saw that it was released only half-baked, i decided to stay put.

super true though T_T i blame all the impatient shareholders lol

Vista is a big steaming load. I got ultimate off of my msdn account and after a few weeks i went back to xp pro. Vista was just so hard to get to work right. UAC drove me nuts, The machine IS a hog, even if they say it is more efficient, it can be even more so. Its not even multi threaded. In a day where almost all new cpus are dual core or better it only makes sense to make the os multi threaded. I can't speak for C++ but I know in Java its not as impossible as developers make it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom