When WIll this get Outdated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot for this guys! Ill comment later on how good it works, o and should I go Vista with this or wat?

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail

And wat would the better graphics card be again?

Its the 8800GTS 512mb (G92).
i realise your new to the forums but if you have anything to add to a post try to edit it, and not double/triple post.
Gl with your build

Thanks for the editing hint Prophet, One last question, should I really just build it myself or maybe I should hire like the geek squad or something? Is it expensive or wat do u recommend for someone with -1 building experience

Just build it yourself, fairly straightforward:

take panels of the case
Put in the PSU
Put CPU in the motherboard
Put heatsink on CPU
Put RAM in the motherboard (I think slots 1 and 3 for dual channel mode)
Put the motherboard in the case, screw it in

Then just put the HDDs, optical drives, etc. in, put the graphics card in, and hook everything up (power cords, etc.), and then you just need to install the OS. Just remember to avoid frying anything with static electricity by grounding yourself before touching stuff.

Also for the 8800 GTS, the evga one w/o Crysis is $300, or if you want Crysis, the one that comes with Crysis is $330. If you go with the GTS, make sure to only get the (G92) 512 mb one, the 640 mb one is an older version, inferior to the 8800GT.

Hey wat case do I want, not flashy just good, its not on my cart at newegg yet, and I can get 12 months with no payments on newegg so that really kicks butt, Im considering getting a even better computer with the no payments because in the 12 month period I can make about, being realistic 1200, with everything I buy. I mean with all the expenses I go through, I actually make about 250 a month with my current job

Cheap but good case: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel , SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Same case, but with clear side panel: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Antec 900 (spectacular case IMO): Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Edit: Also, don't worry about builting a PC. It's very easy. Took me about an hour to and hour and a half, and that was only b/c it took me a while to get the CPU cooler mounted. The hardest part is probably hooking up the FPanel connectors (the connectors for the HDD Led, Power LED, reset/power switch) on the case. But the motherboard manual shows what pins correspond to what connector.

Building is always better that rigs alright but not for gaming with the newest games it needs a new video card and the rams are outdated probaly aftermarket cheap ones you need DDR2 800 rams.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail
And case, thats not good enough for newest games? It comes out at about 1400

um **** say what? The one Im building right above there isnt good for newest game?

I don't think he even read the rest of the posts besides the first one...the one that stated what your preliminary rig was going to be (the HP one you had picked out).

Also, please learn to use the Edit button instead of double posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom