when did this come out, and is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep all core 2 duos and extremes and quads are the best OC'ers now, but as to who asked why recommend the x2 3600+ , well its sort of obvious that its really decent for a 56$ chip if u go oem..... duh.....

yeah they are....but if people are buying to overclock or game then the e2140 is a MUCH better buy.

The e2140 is not a better buy considering the X2 3600 can hit 3.0ghz with a 22 buck cooler, a 56 buck chip, and an 80 bucks board while even if the E2140 would hit around 3.0ghz (hard to say) It costs more for the chip, and more for the board.

Don't ever diss the X2 3600 and it's price/performance ratio becuase there is not ONE C2D with a better Price/performance ratio today really. It's not the best chip but still for what it costs it is amazing.

The e2140 has been out for weeks in the UK and people have been hitting around 3.2-3.4ghz on the Arctic Freezer 7 Pro.

A 3600+ at 3.0 ghz is nothing compared to a C2D at 3.0ghz. Trust me I've just moved from a 4400x2 @ 3.03ghz....the AMD setup was fast and honestly I wasn't expecting to notice much of a difference going to a e6300 but the difference is significant (and i'm not talking about lame synthetic benches like superpi...although the difference there is HUGE)

I do agree with you regarding the price though...but if someone plays a lot of games and is an overclocker than I highly recommend spending the few extra dollars and going with the better performing chip. Especially after july 22 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom