Whats your 3d Benchmark results? - Page 8 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:29 PM   #71 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb
Default Re: Whats your 3d Benchmark results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
People fail to realize DX 10 will eventually be released for XP.

Now lets see your score on Max settings. (Excluding anything in the rendering section, as I didn't turn any of that on.)

You can increase your score by firstly, running it on xp () and then turning everything off in MSconfig, and running the test with minimum running processes.
you sure? sources?

Old 06-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #72 (permalink)
Ste
Do not Stare at my Avatar

Send a message via MSN to Ste

Not so much as a source as common sense/logic.

They would be screwing alot of customers if they didn't. Its simple marketing also. They state its only for VISTA now, so everyone will buy it. Later maybe a year, who knows, once everyone buys into that BS, and spends money on VISTA, they will release it in SP for XP.

Bigred, On overclockersclub has inside source at MS that says it will happen.

I can't link you to anything because its not out on the net.

But I can link you to his profile, so you can join, PM him and ask for yourself.
Viewing Profile

Old 06-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #73 (permalink)
Super Techie

I have a record of 9501 for the rig in my sig, unfortunatly no screenshots, but Im going to go on a Benchmarking session tonight. Hopefully hit a bit higher!
Old 06-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #74 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
Not so much as a source as common sense/logic.

They would be screwing alot of customers if they didn't. Its simple marketing also. They state its only for VISTA now, so everyone will buy it. Later maybe a year, who knows, once everyone buys into that BS, and spends money on VISTA, they will release it in SP for XP.

Bigred, On overclockersclub has inside source at MS that says it will happen.

I can't link you to anything because its not out on the net.

But I can link you to his profile, so you can join, PM him and ask for yourself.
Viewing Profile

Wouldn't it make more sense to make DX10 exclusive for Vista only thereby encouraging even more customers into getting Vista. Microsoft doesn't profit at all from releasing DX10 for xp.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:12 PM   #75 (permalink)
Ste
Do not Stare at my Avatar

Send a message via MSN to Ste

XP is still being sold. XP can run on systems that are alot cheaper than systems that are needed to run VISTA.
There are alot of Businesses Still using and Buying XP.

Im not syaing its true. Im just relaying what someone else said. He has alot of contact information listed in his profile. Including the screen names in AIM, MSN, ICQ and yahoo. Ask him for yourself.

Its like I said, its probably not going to happen soon. Maybe next year or in the next service pack.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #76 (permalink)
Super Techie

I eventually got it - 9636 3dMarks CPU @ 2.9GHz 5-4-5-12. 8800GTS 320Mb @ 660/978
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9636fw.jpg (58.0 KB, 31 views)
Old 06-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #77 (permalink)
gone

wow thats a lot of overclocking u did for the card, did u use all stock cooling?
Old 06-13-2007, 02:48 AM   #78 (permalink)
Super Techie

Yup - all stock cooling, never above 70*C under full load, albeit that is NOT ATITool Artifact Scanner Stable, but 3DMark seems completely stable at those sorts of speeds! I rekon with a bit of V-Modding and my new CPU and board, I can hit 10-11k with relative ease!
Old 06-13-2007, 03:17 AM   #79 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGELLIS View Post
Yup - all stock cooling, never above 70*C under full load, albeit that is NOT ATITool Artifact Scanner Stable, but 3DMark seems completely stable at those sorts of speeds! I rekon with a bit of V-Modding and my new CPU and board, I can hit 10-11k with relative ease!
Oh come on, I don't believe that. If thats true your basically saying you can overclock a GTS 320 mb to a GTX level, and various professional reviews have tried and confirmed you cannot :P
Old 06-13-2007, 03:25 AM   #80 (permalink)
Super Techie

Remember - the GTS has only 96 Stream Processors, and a 320bit memory bus, so it will always be slower than the GTX, in HWBot there are people taking the GTS to 700/1000+, im sure they are water cooling, but the 8800 stock cooler isn't all that bad, if I do V-Mod I will probably end up having to go watercooling, or get an aftermarket cooler.

Closed Thread