What's next (upgrade) - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
I feel funny...

Send a message via AIM to thirdshiftdj
Default Re: What's next (upgrade)

Don't think your going to get much more out of that wolfdale unless you feel like running 1.4v or more into it daily which I wouldn't regardless of water. Plus if you end up wcing your going to want to see the insides of the computer so just cut a window already! Then you have to worry about where your going to mount your triple rad which to me seems a bit much just to cool the cpu. I prefer internally mount rads as they look cleaner.

edit: other things you can do is change the cooling on your mobo. Heres a pic of my old setup w/ thermalrights all over it.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdshiftdj View Post
Don't think your going to get much more out of that wolfdale unless you feel like running 1.4v or more into it daily which I wouldn't regardless of water. Plus if you end up wcing your going to want to see the insides of the computer so just cut a window already! Then you have to worry about where your going to mount your triple rad which to me seems a bit much just to cool the cpu. I prefer internally mount rads as they look cleaner.

edit: other things you can do is change the cooling on your mobo. Heres a pic of my old setup w/ thermalrights all over it.

Is that an Asus Maximus Formula? Can I do something like that with mine?

Maybe with Sunbeams? Do u guys know anything about anodizing? I was thinking of having the inside of my case done in blue.
Watercooling would look "cool" with blue tubing. Cutting the side for a window is definitely in order , then.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdshiftdj View Post

Sweet jesus, that's a load of cooling. It looks like a friggin' city block.
thirdshiftdj - what on earth are you trying to say???
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM or IM.
If I helped you out, or what I just said rocked you like a hurricane, hit the little thingie over there.
<-------------------------------
Old 03-27-2009, 03:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Biostar Stole my heart

Send a message via MSN to Hussein19891

Oh look it is the Sears tower.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

That's got to hurt the mobo
Old 03-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Shouldn't unless you shove them on there too hard and don't have proper support.

thirdshiftdj - what on earth are you trying to say???
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM or IM.
If I helped you out, or what I just said rocked you like a hurricane, hit the little thingie over there.
<-------------------------------
Closed Thread