What's next (upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well , you can see in my signature what I have...so what should I get next?
Suggest anything you want (except monitors), bearing in mind I will probably be getting a Q9550 sometime soon. I may also mod my P182 , so suggestions on
mods , water cooling , etc. are also welcome. Thanks.

Was about to suggest a monitor until I reread what you said :p I honestly don't see anywhere you should upgrade that. I mean, you could, but there wouldn't be much point. Maybe a sound card?

No case mod suggestions? So no RAM suggestions? You guys are boring me! I'm not quite ready for water... yet. I mean , if Aspire didn't respond , that can't be a good sign. :p I think I may be ready to start with the dremel and jigsaw , though.

Can never have enough hard drives. Cut a window for your case and/or cut out some blow holes on the top panel. Get a hole saw for the corners and cut 4 straight lines, order some tinted or non-tinted acrylic and you should have a nice windowed case. Then you can do some tidying up w/ wire management and some cathodes for some extra flare

I love the sleek looks P182 I don't see much reason for cutting into it

having said that I would say water cooling and then you can really push that Intel :cool:

In my opinion $70 for a pump seems steep at first but worth the quality

Petra's Tech Shop Triple Dual-Pass Rad.

Petra's Tech Shop Apogee GTZ Water block

Petra's Tech Shop MP355 pump

reservoir is more of a personal preference

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER R4-S2S-124K-GP 120mm Case Fan - Case Fans
and you can't beat 4 120mm fans for $13

OR

just go with a nice kit for a no worry/no hassle first install

Petra's Tech Shop

and you can always add to a cooling loop

I was a noob at water cooling not hardly 2 months ago but 4 installs and about 18 hours later I've learned the most daunting task is getting over the mental block

just be sure to test you set-up outside of the computer for a few hours first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom