What's my next move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
I'm looking to upgrade probably between now and March. What do you think I should do? Will my current CPU speed hold over for now? What about these crazy DX10.1 ATI cards? Any advice?

Your system is fine for another year. But you should really overclock more. At least 3.2GHz, which can be easily achieved with your setup.

Next move? Not sure. If I was in this situation, I would keep it. It's not like it won't be able to play future games.

Your system is fine for another year. But you should really overclock more. At least 3.2GHz, which can be easily achieved with your setup.

Next move? Not sure. If I was in this situation, I would keep it. It's not like it won't be able to play future games.

For some reason my board won't go any higher. No matter the voltage I set it to. My ram is unlinked as well, but it simply won't boot at over 2.65GHz. :(

Do you have the latest bios revision for the board? If i recall correctly the 650i and 680i both had FSB holes with the older bios.

Agreed with the FSB holes. On my P5N-E 650i, I was stuck wherever I had a 00 at the end of the FSB. So 1400 was a no go, but 1450 was.

yeah try puttin it straight to 3.0 or 3.2 coz my q6600 go doesnt work at 3.3,3.4,3.5 but works at 3.2 then 3.6 so yeah just try goin higher

i updated the bios, and now it thinks my pc is a 2.45GHz default, or 1400fsb. 0_o... Iono... I will trying for 3.2 and see if it boots.

Also, out of:

CPU
NB
SB
FSB

What should I bump up and how far?

On my p35 board i bumped NB and SB +.1 and memory +.2, cpu is 1.35v @3.6ghz. 650i is going to be a little different though i would guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom