whats a good overclockable VIA 754 board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyotaka

In Runtime
i'm sick of the stuttering issue with my nforce3 so i'm just going to get a via board (have tried everything from drivers to changing voltage in VGA bios)

whats a good one? the kt800 looked rather decent.

Also another question is.. Will the via board be incompatible with the SATAraid i setup on my current Nforce3.
or will it detect fine?

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t7941.html

oh geeze.. Nvidia is doing the whole Out of site out of mind thing with this... >.>

Think i'm going to boycott nvidia motherboards for a bit now fore sure... I dislike ati neverless So i will buy their video cards but >.> this is >.> rather offending.. I spent $300 on a video card to be confident that it would work great with my NVIDIA nforce3 chipset..

Now i have to spend another $100 on a new mobo as there is nothing wrong with the vga card itself so i can't get it returned...

ok nevermind about dual channel then, I can't afford a 939 processor atm as that requires a $300 processor, a $150 board and a new PCI-E video card when I just spent $300 two months ago (and am still paying off) for my 6800GT, I just need a board that will work on 754 and i can overclock(or even run at the frikin stock speeds without it locking up in games)

not to mention I'd be going without sex for a very longtime.. If not getting completely Disowned when my gf finds out i spend another $1000 for computer mods.

Do not get an AGP board, because then when it comes time to upgrade, you will have to upgrade both the video card and the mobo.

not to mention this upgrade would be exactly the same as my current processor, and cost a ton more than i currently have.

----------------------
CPU-Z version 1.30
----------------------

CPUID Output
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of CPUs 1
APIC ID 0
Name AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Code name NewCastle
Specification AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
Family/Model/Stepping FC0
Extended Family/Model F/C
Brand ID 4
Package Socket 754
Core Stepping DH7-CG
Technology 0.13µ
Instructions Sets MMX, Extended MMX, 3DNow!, Extended 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, x86-64
Clock Speed 2210.9 MHz
Clock multiplier x11.0
HTT Bus Frequency 201.0 MHz
P-Rating 3200+
L1 Data Cache 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L1 Instruction Cache 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L2 Cache 512 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L2 Speed 2210.9 MHz (Full)
L2 Location On Chip
L2 Data Prefetch Logic yes
L2 Bus Width 128 bits

kiyotaka said:
Nforce3 Is the reason I'm doing this atm as The 6800GT and Nforce3 are Hardware incompatible
003 said:
:D :D It's being waved under your nose with a fishing pole, hurry up and grab it before it is yanked away! You can OC the venice to at least as fast as your current CPU, but most likely even faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom