Whats a good gaming processor.. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisKory

Solid State Member
I have been looking at different processors for my gaming system I want to build and the one im looking at now is a "AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 2000MHz HT 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor" I was wondering if this one is good for gaming and if not what one is? I was thinking of going dual core for games but well is dual core better for games really?

It is good for gaming. Though the price range is kind of high. I would be looking at the Opteron 165 or 170 for lower the price. And you would be possibly get a better OC out of the opteron :D

Pzero, i have a question, what kind of cooling are u using, cause i see u got the opteron to 2.8GHz.

Ok. Im not into OCing and really dont know much about how to and how much to and that stuff. So im looking for a good gaming system that I dont have to OC anything really. Right now I have AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 2000MHz HT 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor and am not sure if that is good for (not OCing it.) gaming.

Its a AMD..... of course its good for gaming. The others are just saying the Opty's are better for OCin and you could get better performance/price but yea its good for gamin but make sure you have a good video card cause gamin mostly relies on that (Imagine a 4400+ with a 64MB GPU.... not good but if u say a X1900XTX and a Athlon 3000+ it'll be good for gamin.... Sry i'm an ATI Fanboy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom