What's a good 3DMark score these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
I finally got some demons out of my PC (did some upgrades). Everything seems to be running smoothly and stable, so I ran a 3DMark and got 17900 3D Marks. How does this compare to some of the other high end systems out today?

Thanks

I finally got some demons out of my PC (did some upgrades). Everything seems to be running smoothly and stable, so I ran a 3DMark and got 17900 3D Marks. How does this compare to some of the other high end systems out today?

Thanks

3d makr 06 isnt really relevant anymore vantage is an exelent benchmark to evaluate yoru performence. my rig scores 20k 3d marks in 06 but i am certain you will get higher fps in games then i would.

3dmark06 I guess you mean.
Your scores about right... but 06 is such a CPU benchmark sometimes that it's hard to compare systems. With a quad you might be over 20k.

If you have the game crysis or farcry2, run the benchmark for them if you feel like it :)

A q6600 @ 3.6 with a 4890 scores this in far cry 2
http://www.overclock.net/attachment...61-2x4830-vs-2x4850-vs-48701gb-vs-farcry2.jpg
Far Cry @ ultra high with 4xaa 1680x1200
Just for comparison.

What's the best benchmark program for XP 32 bit users? 3DMark Vantage says it won't install because I don't have Vista! ****

3d makr 06 isnt really relevant anymore vantage is an exelent benchmark to evaluate yoru performence. my rig scores 20k 3d marks in 06 but i am certain you will get higher fps in games then i would.

You couldn't be more right. 3D mark 06 is not a good benchmark for new systems, vantage is much more appropriate, but it is only for Vista, and i think works on Windows 7.

At stock my comp in my sig only scores ~ 16K in 3Dmark06, but as Poizen said, my rig would do better in any game compared to his system.

So considering your running the same gpu as me, then thats a good score. GT200 cards do very poorly in 3Dmark06.

If your talking 3dmark than youre not too bad, i got almost 17k.

Haven't ran it with my new sli yet, but in vantage I scored me 16.5k sli'd.

Yeh that just proves my point. A single GTX260 and Q6600 scores over 1,000 more than my rig 3Dmark06...

Yet, in vantage two GTX260s barely beat my rig - only by 400 points (i have managed 16.1K so far). Lol, kinda ridiculous...

Yeh that just proves my point. A single GTX260 and Q6600 scores over 1,000 more than my rig 3Dmark06...

Yet, in vantage two GTX260s barely beat my rig - only by 400 points (i have managed 16.1K so far). Lol, kinda ridiculous...

Actually, just reran it, and its only 14.5K so sli'd with the same slight oc on the gpus, 605/1015

You couldn't be more right. 3D mark 06 is not a good benchmark for new systems, vantage is much more appropriate, but it is only for Vista, and i think works on Windows 7.

At stock my comp in my sig only scores ~ 16K in 3Dmark06, but as Poizen said, my rig would do better in any game compared to his system.

So considering your running the same gpu as me, then thats a good score. GT200 cards do very poorly in 3Dmark06.

you should be able to hit 20k with some over clocks. the gt 200 cards are actually exelent in 3dmark 06.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom