What's the difference between...

I think i might dish out the extra doe for this build honestly. I keep saying I want to save some doe but i really want her to have a better mobo. The price difference on the RAM is not enough to make me sway away from those bad boys. I did upgrade the PSU. In fact the same one I got in my box and I love it. I did like the idea of the 4440 though. The price difference was only like 100 bucks, I think I was being cheap. For the extra cash she can have a much better build for gaming. >.> what do you guys think?
Intel Core i5-4440, MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti, Enermax ECA3253-PW - Bekahs build - reapt's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker
Cheaper and better PSU.
SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

I can't justify the Z97 board honestly. There is no real reason to have a Z board or a 97 board since you can't overclock that chip. Only justifiable reason to buy it would be IF you plan to snag an M.2 SSD later. If you plan to do that then might as well an ASRock Extreme 6 to be able to fully take advantage of M.2.

Cheaper and better PSU.
SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

I can't justify the Z97 board honestly. There is no real reason to have a Z board or a 97 board since you can't overclock that chip. Only justifiable reason to buy it would be IF you plan to snag an M.2 SSD later. If you plan to do that then might as well an ASRock Extreme 6 to be able to fully take advantage of M.2.

Intel Core i5-4440, MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti, Enermax ECA3253-PW - Bekahs build - reapt's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker How about this?

I've seen too many Segregate drives vibrate and although they still work, it can be extremely annoying.
I have spoke with Seagate support and their first reply was to tell me to mount the drive with screws . Well all my cases are tool less, and most newer cases are tool less. After several RMA's I still have a couple vibrating Seagate drives that I was able to mount into external enclosures but I had to replace those drives with something that you could live with. Seagate's off my list for drives permanently.

Edit: note to PP......I have not seen this issue with any older Seagate drives. Just the newer drives since around 2013, They have had to change something in manufacturing

Last edited:
I've seen too many Segregate drives vibrate and although they still work, it can be extremely annoying.
I have spoke with Seagate support and their first reply was to tell me to mount the drive with screws . Well all my cases are tool less, and most newer cases are tool less. After several RMA's I still have a couple vibrating Seagate drives that I was able to mount into external enclosures but I had to replace those drives with something that you could live with. Seagate's off my list for drives permanently.

Edit: note to PP......I have not seen this issue with any older Seagate drives. Just the newer drives since around 2013, They have had to change something in manufacturing
My 3TB is barely 6 months old. Literally have all of my Seagate drives about 2ft from me and I can't hear them.

Back
Top Bottom