whats the deal with 1080p monitors vs 1200 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
I'm looking @ monitors right now. why would I care if my monitor was 1080p ? Isn't what I really want MORE resolution? wouldn't the 1200 line monitors be better ? I don't get it..... who the **** watches movies on a puny computer monitor anyway ??

Well, it's not really that much more considering the horizontal resolution is still 1920. It's just a difference of either 16x9 aspect ratio or 16x10.

Also, many people use large monitors that support 1080p as a TV using the HDMI port as well as a monitor. 24" monitors are by no means puny, and are actually a great size to watch movies on for bedrooms. I mean, they still sell LCD TV panels as low as 15" and people still watch movies and TV shows on those all the time.

Well, it's not really that much more considering the horizontal resolution is still 1920. It's just a difference of either 16x9 aspect ratio or 16x10.

Also, many people use large monitors that support 1080p as a TV using the HDMI port as well as a monitor. 24" monitors are by no means puny, and are actually a great size to watch movies on for bedrooms. I mean, they still sell LCD TV panels as low as 15" and people still watch movies and TV shows on those all the time.

Yep. I use a 21.5" 1080p monitor and I love it, perfect size for me. Sometimes I don't care to burn tv shows or movies to and then watch them on my tv. I just turn my monitor towards my couch. Also x264 vids look pretty awesome on it.

exactly, i love my 24" 1080p....its the perfect size and when i wanna watch a movie i just turn it toward my bed and it's fantastic......plus it supports HDMI so playing my xbox 360 on it is amazing as well with full HD

I just use 1900x1200 and then use VLC to change the aspect ratio to 16:10 when watching films sure people are a bit taller then they are meant to be but there are worse things!! Also it automatically changes when I plugin and xbox or ps3 :)

1080p is pretty much the cream of the crop. Won't be for a few years until they release higher and for several years until it is mainstream.

It what technology in the tv world I would agree however in the PC you are way behind 2560x1900 is one of the best retail resolutions and they go higher when you get to pro level.

well I have a 120'' screen for movies, so I won't exactly be watching any on my computer.... but I picked up this badboy for 182 bucks shipped.... not bad huh ?

Acer X233H 23" Widescreen LCD Monitor - 5ms, 1920 x 1080, 40000:1 Dynamic, 16:9, DVI, Black, HDMI ET.VX3HP.002 at TigerDirect.com

So you have a projector, then. How far away do you sit? If you sit like a comfortable 15 feet away, it is practically the same as sitting 3-5 feet away from a 24 inch monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom