whats cheaper to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrofreak06

Solid State Member
i just wanted to know something lol. is it cheaper to buy all the equpiment to build a pc then just buying it? Like find a computer on the internet or something then buy every thing it says it has on it and just build it your self. would notebooks be the same way? thanks

well, i suggest u build one, coz its more fun and u can get better parts, but it is necessarily always cheap to build it, but most of the times it is cheap and u get more bang for u buck,

It depends on what your getting, when your getting it, and what you already have. If your talking a gaming comp over $800 then its probably cheaper to build. Sometimes its cheaper to buy a prebuilt and throw in more ram and better vid card yourself. But with building you know exactly whats going in and can overclock better and learn some stuff.

This is for desktops, most people don't build laptops and I'm pretty sure it would be more expensive to with all new parts.

cant build notebook....well, i suppose you can but you wouldnt be able to find parts...plus, good luck putting it together.

in buying a pre-made computer, youll pay $500-$2000 more for the same parts as if you had built it yourself. plus theres infinitely more room for customization in a self-built comp.

Let's not forget when you buy a pre-built, you are paying for someone else to put it together and depending on the company they could have preprietary parts and that makes it more difficult to upgrade. I used to swear by the pre-built because it was easier, but I have since than had a custom built and was able to upgrade parts myself for alot cheaper.

Notebooks are a totally different story. Pretty much stuck with getting one that is pre-built but you can somewhat customize it depending on who you go through.

Personally I'll never go pre-built again.

DIY all the way. Not only do you learn so much and its fun, but there is a certain pride factor that comes with saying to somebody "Yeah, I just built a new pc and my benchmarks are really smoking", especially when your picking up chicks, chicks dig nerds.
I hate laptops, to me it's like somebody said "Hey, lets take this perfectly good desktop pc and make it impossible to service." The only reason I have one is for Google Earth in my car.

-edit grammar/spelling

gotta love the DIY, great XP, and a handy hobby, i say screw Dell, HP, blah blah blah blah......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom