Whats the big deal...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harobikes333

In Runtime
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2E16819103562,N82E16819103546&SubCategory=343

Ok as you can see... I've asked for some advice on making a new computer

Now I was told to get the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 1GHz FSB 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - Retail

but why???? I mean its only got .2gig more frequency and 2x1mb L2 Cache instead of 2x 512 Cache.... why should I go for the toledo?

Because its 171 more than the other....:\

Anyone have a reason? The reason I'm asking is because my budget is 1300....:\

With your budget get the 3800+ Manchester. You can overclock it to 4400+ speeds but it costs $200 less. Only difference would be the L2 cache which I don't think makes a big difference.

ops i didn't copy i guess:\ I had a link to the exact processor...:\ sorry again

Hmm looks like PZEROFGH isn't on to defend the Toledo processor that he told me to buy...:\

Um it shows on those graphs that its not as good as the toledo one...?

I'm not quite sure what you mean because then does it also show the overclocked too?

Compare the 4600+ to the 4800+ and you will see very little difference. The 4600+ is just a 3800+ with a higher clock speed BTW.

hmmmm so you suggest the x2 3800+ ..... but I kinda don't wanna overclock..... because it will void warrenty, shorten life, etc...

And by how much will it shorten the life of it...? And of all my components?

harobikes333 said:
hmmmm so you suggest the x2 3800+ ..... but I kinda don't wanna overclock..... because it will void warrenty, shorten life, etc...

And by how much will it shorten the life of it...? And of all my components?
Your CPU will become outdated long before it's life is spent even if you overclock it. True it will void the warrenty but its not like you HAVE to overclock. That CPU will perform just fine at stock speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom