What's the best power supply out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadow

In Runtime
ON the market right now. Brand, wattage etc. To power a quad + 8800 rig.

in:

budget -

mid-level -

price not an issue level -

thanks

PC Power & Cooling seems to like having one huge +12v rail (as opposed to a couple smaller +12v rails). Is there any benefit to that?

Nice I think I like the Corsair one. Thanks guru.

(also am curious to the answer of aether's question)

silverstone 1200w or enermax galaxy 1000 :p

lol very true for reliability but a bit over the top for almost everyone.

There is no such thing as the best psu. my psu is great and powers a 8800 rig is it right for you who knows??? do you want modular for wire management?? do you want dual rails? is noise level an issue? is efficiency an issue?? the number of connectors?

PC Power & Cooling seems to like having one huge +12v rail (as opposed to a couple smaller +12v rails). Is there any benefit to that?

yes.. actually PCPaC is the best in PSU's out there... they have legendary status in the PSU world... (now owned by OCZ now) (by owned i don't mean pwned owned i mean like they got bought out) and their amperage on their single is AMAZING!!!!

the Enermax and SilverStones are good, but wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to overkill for that system, but for ur system a Corsair 520 or 550 or PCPaC 610 are more than enough

I have personally known 2 different people who have had PC and Power cooling power supplies that have blown up.

They are extremely good, but they aren't indestructible...which many people seem to think.

I have personally known 2 different people who have had PC and Power cooling power supplies that have blown up.

They are extremely good, but they aren't indestructible...which many people seem to think.

who said they were indestructible??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom