whats the best cpu for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodreb

Baseband Member
For high end gaming comps, what would be better, Single or duel core?

Im going to build this pc Other Post , but on alot of other forums, they say i should stick with the San Diego instead of getting the the Toledo

Is this true? i dont do much multi tasking, but i do use things like adobe premier, and photo shop. This will basicly be a Gaming comp.

Umm no ...

Single is mainly better since current games don't take advantage of dual-core that much yet, but they certainly are beginning to, so go dual core.

Your best option is the Opteron 165 if your OCing.

If not stick with the Athlon 64 x2 3800+ or the Athlon 64 x2 4400+.

I highly reccomend Ocing the Opteron 165 though.

Both Toledo and San Diego are good cores though.

FX 60 is the best, but i think its a waste of money. A single core amd 4000+ or FX 57 are the best right now because not a lot of games are optimized for dual core yet, but i would recommend getting dual core now. i agree you should get an opteron 165 and OC it. If not get a 3800 x2 - charlie

I dont think he will be overclocking, thats what he said in his last post. and also in his last post the guy has $4000 to blow so let him get a FX-60 and if he will ever OC, he can get it higher than the Opty can go, no?

GO WITH THE FX-60!

oh yeah i forgot about that......but thats way to expensive, thats the american price and in Canada i can get it for 1,800. thats weird. i think you should find a better store to get it from.

GO WITH THAT ONE.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom