what would make more sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
I was thinking of building a system in august after the price drop of the quad cores. so how much difference is there between the cheapest quad core and the e6600. is there a lot of difference?. coz if in july the quads are cheaper, then the c2d would be a lot cheaper wouldnt it?
what would make sense, building a cheapest quad core gaming rig or a cheapest c2d gaming build using a e4300 or a e6320?
thanks

All that's needed right now is Dual-Core and a Core 2 Duo would be plenty enough needed as they are still working on having games use both cores. The Q6600 will be around 320 bucks I believe which means if you have the cash go for it.

oh, well i will go for a c2d then, coz i thought quads r coming around 270$ but i guess i heard wrong. i want the cheapest possible but also dont want to upgrade for a long time. thats the only reason i was thinking quad coz i thought they would be around 270$, which means that i wouldnt have to upgrade it fast as i would have to upgrade a c2d right?

well, thanks a lot

so would it be better to spend money on e6320 and upgrade some time in the near future or would it be better to spend money on a quad and not worry about upgrading for a longer time.
by upgrading, i just mean the cpu and mobo, not the memory and video and other stff.

if u want to last a long time then get the q6600, coz we games like crysis and alan wake come out they take advange of quads and will run smoother. i have the q6600 its really fast i ave even used over 50 load yet, even when installing stalker and rainbow six los vagas and playing prey it only used 47% usage:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom