What would...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaV II DARK II

Gears of War King
Get you a higher score in 3d06 a e6750 or q6600?

Which would you recommend me getting when I start building my rig in July 22?

Which would perform better in games like crysis,bioshock,and oblivion?

Lastly which is the better value and which would be best w/o upgrading your pc for 1-2 years?

Which processor will provide me better gaming performance and higher 3d06 score(even though a score doesnt really matter but i just want to know)?

The E6750 will do better in 3Dmark06, simply because it has a higher clock. It has been proven that 3Dmark06 does not get any advantage with quad cores, only dual i think.

But i would choose the Q6600 because you can pretty easily overclock it to E6750 speeds, it will do alot better for multitasking, and it is more future proof. I'm pretty sure crysis will have muticore support which means that games will start to see quad core benifits soon.

i would go with the E6750 simply because i dont consider athe Q6600 a TRUE quade core like the penryn will be

so save the money and get the E6750 which will be more then enough for gaming and what not then when penryns come out you can save up for it when it comes to a reasonable price

The E6750 will do better in 3Dmark06, simply because it has a higher clock. It has been proven that 3Dmark06 does not get any advantage with quad cores, only dual i think.

But i would choose the Q6600 because you can pretty easily overclock it to E6750 speeds, it will do alot better for multitasking, and it is more future proof. I'm pretty sure crysis will have muticore support which means that games will start to see quad core benifits soon.

Well we can said that Q6600 is more "future proof" but aren't Penryn CPU suppose to introduce "native Quad-core" or something??

Either way both the Q6600 or the E6750 are great CPUs if you got the money just go with the Q6600, buy & after mark cpu cooler and you are set ;) .

The E6750 will outperform the Q6600 in almost every application out right now and will overclock much higher. It also runs at 1333fsb as apposed to 1066, it also runs cooler and uses less power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom