What video card should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dipique said:
I vote the X1600XT.

Dan

alright thanks. may i ask why? i just wanna know what specs and stuff make it the best pic and stuff. i don't know much about pixel pipelines and clocks other than higher numbers make them faster.

well clocks are the speed that the video card can run at. and yes bigger numbers mean faster card :)

and I vote with dan. I am a NVIDIA fan but I think the 1600 would be best for one because the card in the system now is ATI and might work better with another ATI card. And also because it is a better deal money wise.

NosBoost300 said:
hrmmm i suggest you read some reviews before making any move

i have read the reviews for them and i've come down to these 3 i was leaning towards the 7600GT but it's $40 more expensive than the 1600XT and i'm already going over what i origionally planned my budget to be.

jordo_99 said:
alright thanks. may i ask why? i just wanna know what specs and stuff make it the best pic and stuff. i don't know much about pixel pipelines and clocks other than higher numbers make them faster.

when i said this i meant i'm not sure how much of an effect pixel pipelines has an effect on power compared to core, memory...etc clocks

EXAMPLE: i've no clue what would be faster between a 12 pixel pipeline card with 1000 Mhz memory clock or a 16 pixel pipeline card at 800 Mhz.

you know what i'm asking now?

right now i'm thinking that a 12 pxpl at 1000 mhz would equal a 24 pxpl at 500 mhz. is that true?

as thanks for what you guys have said. some friends had told me to go 1600XT as well. so i'm definately leaning that way now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom