What are some True Dual X16 PCI-e mobos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It dosn't make a difference at all in speed. Current video cards have trouble maxing out AGP 4x.

Sp4rtan said:
then why would they make 16x pci-e slots if the cards could'nt even max out 4x

Hes reffering to AGP cards, Sp4tan. Dual PCI-E slots? If thats whats your asking about there are several boards out that have them. My board isn't for SLI but has 2 PCI-E slots, The DFI LanParty Ultra-D and the actual SLI board DFI makes has 2 PCI-E slots as well. There are many boards out that have them today and DFI makes great boards. If thats you were asking. Then yes there are more then one board out with 2 PCI-E slots.

he's talking about boards that have dual pcie slots that both run at x16 even in sli. most sli boards have two x16 slots, but when run in sli, they both operate at 8x. what i'm saying is that its pointless to spend extra money for dual x16 lanes when current video cards cant even max out a 4x lane.

003 said:
he's talking about boards that have dual pcie slots that both run at x16 even in sli. most sli boards have two x16 slots, but when run in sli, they both operate at 8x. what i'm saying is that its pointless to spend extra money for dual x16 lanes when current video cards cant even max out a 4x lane.

exactly, having two x16 lanes isnt gonna help you performance wise, just a waste of money...kinda like SLI ;)

if ur thinking of buying one, i recommend that you don't, just stick with one card like a 7800 or sumthing

All I know, is that one 7800GT or GTX is seriosuly more than enough to run todays newest games with Max settings if your comp is up to it. Running a 32x Video Card setup would be extremely pointless.

I don't believe that the dual 16x lanes does nothing to your proformance then why would they even bother selling it or even advertise it either?

Sp4rtan said:
I don't believe that the dual 16x lanes does nothing to your proformance then why would they even bother selling it or even advertise it either?
So people like you buy them and give them your money. :D

003 said:
So people like you buy them and give them your money. :D

lol, yeah, its only 4 people who want to brag about a totally pointless thing they put in their rig:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom