what socket is the intel conroe going to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, thats why they priced a Conroe at $244 that is better than the $1010 FX-60...your AMD fanboyism reeks.

I disagree with you here.

Intel realizes that they can make their CPUs cheap because by doing this it will make them appealing to people, therefore causing them to upgrade to the new motherboards and chipets (946 and 965), and then still reaping a profit. If they could make it work in the 975X chipset, I'm sure they could of done it for the others if they chose to as well. All it requires is a slight voltage modification ... that's it. I'm sure we will find that some other chipsets created around the time that 975X was released may actually be able to be modded to work with Conroe, but that will probably be as risky and difficult as volt modding a 7900GT :p

Also, the CPUs aren't really that "cheap", they are just priced in relation to production. They are far more effective than AMD's at the moment, but that doesn't necessarily make them more expensive to produce, just as the Athlon 64's didn't cost a whole lot more or less to make then their Pentium 4 equivalents. Intel will want to embaress AMD as much as possible with Conroe, they'll ignore huge profits ... like they need them anyway.

What Intel has going for them now is 65nm which reduces production costs right from the start, along with the fact that an Intel CPU that costs $100 to make will now be competeting with an AMD CPU that costs $200 to make (note these numbers are just for example, not exact). So Intel can make a fair profit off their new CPUs, while keeping them cheap. Not to mention they should sell better than AMD's.

You guys obviously need someone to hold your hand, so I'm going to try pulling a little experiment here, first of all, see if your name is here:

nitestick
wtk pro l
Green Radience
magouster

You guys have demonstrated that you can't seem to keep a topic on conroe from becoming disfunctional if more than one of you posts in it, therefore I am BANNING you from ANY conroe related discussion for the next 2 weeks (as in ending midnight wherever you live on SATURDAY JUNE 10).

Here's the catch...during these two weeks you guys are all going to have to contact one another and learn to get along, and at the end of the two weeks I'm going to start a conroe topic that you four guys are going to turn into a nice 4 page discussion. If you can't demonstrate that you can get along in this topic or if you refuse to take part in my little experiment, you'll remain banned from mentioning Conroe. If you can demonstrate that you can function properly with one another, we drop this issue and act like nothing happened and maybe, just maybe we'll be a bit better people than we were before

At the end of these two weeks, I'm going to prune all of your posts from the last two weeks. If I find anything related to conroe in any of them you'll get a 2 week ban and we'll come back and try again.

This is to be effective in about two hours, so 12AM EST I want you to drop all conroe crap...if you don't read this, I'm sorry but too bad for you.

This should be fun and I'm interested in how it's gonna turn out, some of you guys are pretty bright but unfortunetely some of you still need to grow up a bit more. Enjoy your next two weeks and if you have any questions please talk to me :D

sorry I have one more thing to add - since I said the topic should be about 4 pages I want each of you to contribute about a page each. When we've got roughly that number, I'll close to topic and get a couple of other mods to give it an objective look...if they say it's fine, you're cool, if not, then ehhh...I just don't wanna have to be the sole judge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom