what socket is the intel conroe going to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
hey all, my comp i just put together uses the LG775 or what ever its called (the new socket) from intel, will the conroe use a diffrent socket? If so then screw buying one ill just get another dirt cheap pentium 4 3.6 or 3.8 when they go down in price.

I believe it uses socket 775, but it has some new hardware requirements and only a few of the motherboards out right now meet those requirements.

toxicity_27 said:
I believe it uses socket 775, but it has some new hardware requirements and only a few of the motherboards out right now meet those requirements.

ahh that is ********

1.) Its your own fault for not doing your rescearch before buying.

2.) Why would you expect [cheap] motherboards to be avaliable for a processor that isn't even out for another 2 months?

Green Radience said:
1.) Its your own fault for not doing your rescearch before buying.

2.) Why would you expect [cheap] motherboards to be avaliable for a processor that isn't even out for another 2 months?

If i did research and waited for every new tech to release i would never own a computer. im just saying it would have been nice if they would have found a way to get it to run on todays socket 775 becouse i hate having to buy a new mobo to run **** becouse some times everything is not compatable

Green Radience said:
There is NO excuse for not doing research.

Sure their is, lack on information, last thing i heard was that Conroe was using 775 when i bought my mobo now its using a diffrent 775??

whats the deal anyways, what is it thats wrong with these mobos?

Then you should've looked for sooner information. Whereever it said that it would use 775, it also said that it would need a 975X chipset.

Whats wrong? The chipset.

Green Radience said:
Then you should've looked for sooner information. Whereever it said that it would use 775, it also said that it would need a 975X chipset.

Whats wrong? The chipset.

I only have the 945p chipset :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom