What should we upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdub89

Daemon Poster
I posted a while ago about what i should upgrade on my rig. Well things have changed my budget is $300 what should i upgrade im a pretty heavy gamer but i like to jam out also so i have lots of music and videos.

Make:Custom
year built/bought:2006
CPU&core:pentium D 2.66ghz
CPU cooling:Stock Intel
mobo:Ecs RC410/800-M
RAM:1 Gig Corsair ValueSelect
Video card:XFX GeForce 7600GT XXX Series
VGA Cooling:None
Sound Card:Onboard
Optical Drive:Lg Dvd/Cd combo
Hard drive(s):80 GB WD
floppy drive:NEC
Case:XG Sidewinder
Case Fans:Stock XG's
PSU:XG 450 Watt
Network card:Onboard
Monitorell
Speakers/Headphones:Klipsch 2.1 Pro media
keyboardell
Mouse:Kensington PilotMouse Laser Wireless
Printer:None
LED's:Front Fan

I would say no more than 120 for a video card, and then use the rest for a video card. 7900gt or something.

That and or a little more hdd space, music and videos will eat up 80gb quick.

Not really because the GT has 4 more pipelines than the GS. That GS is overclocked. You can overclock the GT as well.

lancec2c30 said:
I would say no more than 120 for a video card , and then use the rest for a video card . 7900gt or something.

That and or a little more hdd space, music and videos will eat up 80gb quick.

Lol.

The second videocard is better than the first.

Ok so i go with the GT i have around 100bucks still i need more hard drive space or should i go with some more ram. Or should i keep my 7600GT and get more ram and hard drive space? Or maybe you have better solutions i know my mobo is a worthless piece lol.

This 7950GT looks nice:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130074

If you're a gamer, another gig of ram will do you good. Also I would say, if the 7600GT still keeps you happy, get another gig of ram and more hard drive space. Heres a nice hard drive, if you're looking for one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144701

Options are:
if 7600GT still plays good, then get another gig of ram and more hard drive space.

or

get a 7900GT and more hard drive space

or

7900GT and a gig of ram

...The 7900GT with another gig of ram option, would be the most beneficial for gaming.

Will that 7950GT blow past that 7900GT i mean its hardly even more so if i did go with the graphics i would get the 7950GT. Is there a cheaper hard drive around that size remember im on a $300 budget. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom