What should I upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poken1151

Beta member
OK, I have a 7 month old PC I built from scratch (minus forging my own metals and circuitry). My B-days coming up and I was offered a laptop...I dont really need one right now, but o so tempting...but I digress. I was thinking about upgrading a component in my system, and I was looking for some advice:

Processor - AMD Athlon X2 4200+ 64biT
Motherboard - M2R32-MVP Socket AM2
Video Card- Sapphire ATI Radeon X1900 256mb
RAM - 2GB (x2 1GB) Geil 667 240 pin
HDD - 750GB (250GB Seagate , 500GB Maxtor)
CD-Drive - Benq DVD-RW drive
Monitor - 17'' Envision
OS - Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit (REGISTERED)

I was thinking of RAM (or for the cheap make use of vista's ready boost), Or the monitor a nice 19'' wide screen or A new video card but then theres the fact that dx10 cards coming soon. And yes I am a gameingf man (FPS, Racing, RPG so on and so on). Thanks for any and all help.

Thanks

The upgrade depends upon future use of the computer.

Will you want to play new games on max settings when they come out? Like Crysis, UT2007...

I would go for a widescreen moniter.

ur video card is good for now i sugest a new cpu if u dont want to change mobo get mayeb a 6000+ i dont think there much and there preaty good about on par with a e6600 and then later get a new gpu

Hmm.. well im currently leaning towards a 19'' widescreen monitor and/or some flash drives for readyboost and data. cuz the day I upgrade the processor, ill be doing the motherboard too and its too early for that. But thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom