What Should I do to upgrade this RIG

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorianPrice

Beta member
I know how to do all the installing and upgrading but, I am not up to date with the new products out on the market. Havnt done this in years.

Here are my computer specs, what should i do to upgrade.

Intel P4 550 w/ hyper threading. 3.40 ghz
800 mhz FSB, 1 MB L2 Cache
Microsoft xp Media
1 GB pc-3200 400mhz DDR

ATI Radeon x300 128mb, VGA, DVI-D, TV-Out

dvd+R Double Layer
dvd+-RW DVD-Rom

250 GB 7200rpm serial ata hard drive

Main purpose, Online gaming.. from MMORPG's like LINEAGE 2 and FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS like Counter strike and others.

I also would like to upgrade my monitor to a nice sized plasma later on down the road so Watching movies and TV on it would be great..

Right now Id like to dump another 800 bucks into it.

just bought the system from best buy open box for like 435.00 out the door so I dont want to tottaly gut it.

Now I just poped open the case and looked at my ram, I have 2 512's in there which make up the 1gb. Now I have 4 slots available, does that mean I can get 4, 1GB ram sticks and slap them in there?

naa, down load pcwizzed or cpuz to find out the capactiy, and the sort it needs, no more that 2gb or it will go slow, and id upgrade the vga

ok downloaded cpuz, am looking at my specs now, but where does it give me a read out of the max ram i can install..

and im going to upgrade the graphics to the pci express radeon x1900..

can i do the xfire feature?

The x1900xt is a good card. I don't know if your motherboard can support crossfire. But even if it did I wouldnt get it.

Thanks everyone that posted, it was a real help. It ment that I was going in the right direction. Now I just need to upgrade the monitor to some amazing plasma add 5.1 surround sound speakers, video card upgrade and ram..

CASE MODDING HERE I COME NEXT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom