what PSU, urgent please

Status
Not open for further replies.

janoloco

Baseband Member
i got my *** kicked by the forum when i told you i buyed the cooler master real power 850w for my 4,000 gaming pc. so im selling out this **** right now.

but i want to know wich psu should i buy know.

i saw the best psu out there is the PC P&C Turbo-Cool 1KW-SR but it`s very expensive + $500 !!! wtf

i been reading about some other psu´s under $380

the SILVERSTONE Olympia OP1000 1000W it´s highly
recomended by some forums, but some people on newegg who bought that psu complain about fails and issues with it.

so i dont know.... maybe you expert guys can help me.

im thinking on running 2 8800gtx, 2 dvd writters, a lot of fans, e6600 core duo, 680i mother, X-FI Fatal1ty, 4 gb ram....

-----------------------

off topic

im having troubles on getting to fit the "small cooler master psu" on my full case armor TT so will any of those psu monters fit on my case? has any body tried to fit some large psu on a armor case?

------------------

Before anything thank you very much guys, you ´re saving my ***

Apokalipse said:
you don't need to sell the cooler master. it will run your system fine.

i dont want to risk my 4000 build with this kind of issues:
cooler master review --- newegg
"Cons: I can confirm the problems experienced by Serinanth & TheMaster. I bought this along with an Asus Striker Extreme and two Asus EN8800GTX video cards. After about 20 seconds or so in a game using SLI, the power would kick off. I went along fine using one card for a while, until the power kicked off again without warning. After that, the system would not POST. I tried a different power supply (Thermaltake 850w) and system still did not POST. Long story short: this PSU FRIED my Striker Extreme and 8800 GTX. All 3 were RMA'd. The cable wrapping is good quality, but my only beef, when it was installed, was that I had to twist the SATA power cables and the wrapping made it very hard to do. ""
source: http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustratingReview.asp?item=N82E16817171017
nick: Nodnarb501

If you want the least possibly frying chance look for one of the big 4 in PSU.

PC Power & Cooling
Seasonic
Corsair
Silverstone

Yea honestly we are not saying that that model won't work but rather that you payed too much for the quality. I highly highly doubt that your system will blow up or anything. I just think that for the amount you payed you could have got something even more trusted than that is. Still I don't think you really should sell that one unless you get an awersome deal on it as it will work fine. You just overpayed is all..

your right man, im too paranoid, im gonna die if some component fails due to the psu.

also.. there are so many people saying the cooler master goes off with sli 8800gtx ...... same link

You don't have to sell the CM psu, I just would have looked around before buying it.

Exactly...I think we scared you before into thinking your system was gonna blow since you bought the CM PSU but no what we were saying is that you could have got a better PSU for that price is all. Still it will be fine if you can live with the fact you wasted about 50 bucks ok? Lol it's fine man just go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom