What PSU should I get for "Future Proof"?

Fayt19

In Runtime
Hello, I just want to say upfront that I read the sticky on PSUs and I feel I still need help with this issue.

Heres my current specs:

24" Monitor (1920x1080)
E6600
9800GT
6GB DDR3
500GB HDD
Enermax 520W

I just bought the NZXT Switch 810 case and am looking for a PSU for the my new gaming build in the near future. I don't know what I'm going to. Uh yet so that's why I need help choosing a good PSU that will last years.

-I plan to get the 2500k/2600k unless something new/better comes out when I finally buy the parts.
-I plan to overclock to the max!
-I will most likely never SLI/Crossfire as I will only ever have 1 monitor for gaming and would probably rather buy a new GPU than try to SLI/Crossfire
-I plan to put in an open loop watercooling system
-Maybe 1 SSD and 1-2 HDDs unless SSD drops in $ a lot

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I have $160 budget after shipping, in the US (Lower 48). I would like to shave $30 off that so I can buy the Hyper EVO as I plan to use that on my E6600 now and for the future chip I buy of its compatible of course.

I did some messing around on all the PSU calculators and I think for what I want, I need a 750W PSU.

After looking around on Newegg I found that Corsair PSUs are 15% off right now. I found this PSU:

Corsair AX 750W

It comes to $143 Shipped after the promo. Is this a good PSU to go for or should I go for something else?

Thanks in advance!

AX is good, but since you wont be really taxing it too hard I would just get the cheaper HX. Still great quality, 750w is a good medium wattage to cover any future upgrades, and still modular to keep cable management pretty.

So it's better to save the $20 and get the 750HX or just say screw it and get the AX series? I mean if the build quality is really that much better, why not? The deal ends today so I need to know what one to get.

I can get the 750HX for $124 or the 750AX for $144

Back
Top Bottom