What power supply should i get. - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2007, 02:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC
Default Re: What power supply should i get.

Originally Posted by fade2black2004 View Post
ive seen that psu calculator alot and i dont trust it, to me it doesnt seem to reliable
It doesn't seem reliable? Why not?
Nothing you say seems reliable to me. as a matter of fact 90% of anything anyone says here doesn't seem reliable.

sATA & IDE HDD's require about 20-30w for 5400rpm/7200rpm. 10Krpm's require a tad more about 30w. SCSI Drives depending on the rpms 10k to 15k can require 30-40w.

There are also a few other variables that need to be considered.
A hard drive uses power a various stages. Start up consumes the most and is the heaviest load.

Every hard drive is rated for wattage usage during the following stages.

Idle - Seek - Read - Write - Start up

Another factor to consider is power dissipation. aka "HEAT". Each hard drive is also rated for power dissipation normally in a temp range, but can also be converted into wattage lost.

Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On