What power supply should i get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonmon6691

In Runtime
I am going to build a server system that needs to have 6 or more hard drives and i was wondering what power supply or what method i should use for powering all of the hard drives.

six hard drives ummm . . .. i got with a 850 - 950 maybe even 1000watt psu. leaving space for more hdd if u ever need more.

but thats without knowin your cpu or gpu and cd drives. if u have a quad core or something like that then get around 900 -1000watt.

six hard drives ummm . . .. i got with a 850 - 950 maybe even 1000watt psu. leaving space for more hdd if u ever need more.

but thats without knowin your cpu or gpu and cd drives. if u have a quad core or something like that then get around 900 -1000watt.

HardDrives do not require alot of Power, even IF he had 10 Drives I wouldn't suggest that high wattage of a PSU without knowing the rest of the Specs.

the OCZ last but they have a huge ripple in them. Around 4-5% of rail fluctuate, which is really not that good at all....the reason they are used so much is becuase of the watts they produce for the money. Still I would rather get a more solid PSU than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom