What power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron5

Fully Optimized
hey i am builing my own pc and was wondering what power supply i would need for my system.

core2 duo e6600 (overclocking eventuly)
palit 8800 gtx (sli eventuly)
evga 680i MB
corsair xms2 pc8500 1066mhz (eventuly) 4gb)
seagate sata 320gb
sound blaster x-fi extreme gamer
gigabyte 3d galaxy cooling
coolermaster elite case
ocz 750 watt psu which i think is ok?
20" wide screen asus 2ms

but just want to check if i get all the eventuly things will the 750watt still work and sill be enough or future graphics cards?

750watts is about 300 watts overkill needed for a SLI system and about 400wats more than a single.

Just get about a 550w trusted PSU name.

Also do not get Corsair XMS, instead get the closest G.Skill to the price as it's better.

Your mobo is buggy and SLI isn't worth it but if you want it..

nah i want to stik with this motherboard they will fix the bugs eventuly.

yeah i just emailed g skill coz i like them better and they said there ram is compatible with that mobo so yeah ill get that.
ok ill get like a 550watt then wats a trusted brand i couls get?

There are quite a few but just to name a couple: Antec, Fortron, TT Toughpower, Hiper, Thermaltake, OCZ

You may want to check out how many amps you need on the 12 volt rail of your power supply to power 2 of those 8800GTX cards at their full potential.

Unless when you get another video card you don't care if you need to upgrade power supply also.

Yea but most 450w PSU's have around 16 amps on their rails also and are able to do it, he should be fine in A's as long as he goes with a brand name.

get the Antec true power trio 550w its got the right number of amps is by a good brand so is reliable and there are enough watts to power your system and have a few spare.

It's actually got way more than enough AMPs lol. Theres a 520 Thermaltake PSU and a 580 Hiper That I like and they are 80 and 90 respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom