What parts make more sense for future ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumik

In Runtime
I'm split between mobo, ram and video. I don't know what to get right now, best u can get or just so so and save for something that will come out soon. I'm gonna run 24'' monitor and play mmorpg games. I can play on like medium settings for now until what i wait for will come out but would rather have everything on top notch.
So should i get 790i with DDR3 and 9800GX2 and don't bother for a long time with upgrades or is it not eorth to invest in those parts right now because something new comes out and I should go with something like 680i with DDR2 and just 8800GT and do the waiting game ?

well the 9900gx2 is coming out too, so I'd get a 790i + DDR3, and get an eVGA 8800gt, and wait for the 9900gx2 and get the eVGA stepup program

DDR2 is still so cheap that I would just get that. I don't plan to go DDR3 till I could actually get Nehalem.

I'm thinking about the same setup.I don't think the 790i will accept ddr2.What brand of ddr3 are you thinking about? and how much are you going to install? I'm leaning toward the 8800gt now also and wait for the 9900 card later on.

*edit*
i mean 9900 not 9200

Nehalem isn't a DDR3 brand, its a new Processor thats 32nm to replace Yorkfields

and don't double post..

Nehalem isn't a DDR3 brand, its a new Processor thats 32nm to replace Yorkfields

and don't double post..

From what I've heard the Nehalem uses 45nm. Though it'll be the first processor to use quickpath which is a replacement for frontside bus. Apparently it'll change a lot of other things too.

I think its coming out later this year actually.

Sheesh... Do you have to be so hard on the guy for double posting? He's new afterall... and I think some of us..in the latearly hours of 4am double post sometimes without realizing it.

I kinda think that from GPU perspective that one 9800GX2 is very unique... the price is going down even more because of the newer cards and it is about 30% faster than the ultra... I hear it is getting better as drivers are handling it better. When it gets a little cheaper I think it may be a good point to jump in at when it comes to buying a good GPU that will last. - It also has built in HDMI.

The main problem with the 9800GX2 seems to be the RAM.. pis*es me off ftw... It seems to have been made for more SLI rated purposes... although one of these babys will have no trouble burning through all of the latest games... and (agreeing to an older comment)- "Crysis is one of the worst coded games ever made".. meaning if the 9800GX2 in SLI can run Crysis on Very High with no problems...you are golden for the future.
-This doesn't count overclocking the 9800GX2..-

Of course you could always wait and say well.. the 99xxx series is coming out soon....and keep saying that forever, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom