What Is OpenGL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now now...he was asking for help with the definitions he had already searched. For most geeks, this is common knowledge but for newbies it can be hard to fathom. Adam02, you just need to appreciate that there is often more to the picture than your world view. It never hurts to be kind and helpful even if you think the question is stupid!

I have not done a friggin thing wrong! I got him loads of links off google. Stop giving me your ********.

Yes, but the key is that it is open source and not dependent on a specific OS. Linux and Windows users have the same access wihtout the use of proprietary video rendering platfoms like 3D and Directx.

So, it's just graphics software. Thats kind of what I figured, after reading all that stuff on it. but, I was still confused.

Given the choice between GL 2.0 and GL 1.5 on a new video card--buy the 2.0 card? All other parameters being equal.

They both have same clock speed. Same amount of GDDR ram. Same ram speed. Same available ramm. Same interface speed.

Only differences I can see.

Don't go with the 7800gs the 7900gt is the same price and you can buy the xFx 7900gt for $309 and they are in stock at Tiger Direct. I have one coming on Wednesday the 22nd. If you're price conscious, the 6800gt is an awesome card and will be great for a long time. (barring wanting to do anything with directx 10 and then we are all in the same boat anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom