What Next, Droogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zythyl

In Runtime
I'm looking to upgrade... not sure what though; help me choose what to upgrade!

Current setup:

MoBo:
Gigabyte GA-P35-S3

Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory:
4094MB RAM

Hard Drive:
80 GB + 320 GB

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

Monitor:
SyncMaster 226BW(Digital)

Sound Card:
Is a waste of money and space

Speakers/Headphones:
Altec Lansing 5.1

Keyboard:
Logitech G15

Mouse:
Logitech G9

Operating System:
Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080425-1930)

Computer Case:
Thermaltake Armor+

SO wat'll it be, boys?.... and girls?... :rolleyes:

mostly depends on what ur using it for, you can get a decent overclock outta ur cpu with an aftermarket cooler like the xigmatek rifle 120mm. if u want to upgrade for gaming your gpu is the best bet, depending on whether u have the 8800gts G92 or older g80. im guressing G92 since u havea p35, which were aorund the same time. since ur just gaming on a 22" i dont think there in an upgrade nessesary at all. but the most obvious (i u insist) would be a gpu upgrade to maybe a 4850/9800gtx+ (or 4870 if have cash). ur cpu should hold it self out fine especially if ur overclock it, 4gb of ram is also fine 9assuming its 800mhz).

also i just like to say, a soundcard is not a waste at all, having a x-fi in games makes the sound experience inferior to onboard, not to mention music aswell.

rightio then, a gpu upgrade it is!

and what kind of soundcard? xifi?

and is my mobo future=proof atm? or should i look at getting a new one of those too?

no you dont need a new mobo, new cpu's are coming out at the end of they ear to support the new socket lga1366 with intels new i7's. but ur mobo is still great atm ne way, sum people still buy them on buidget builds.
im not saying u should get a soundcard, but if u game alot and have a decent set of 5.1's a x-fi would be good, the best for gaming. if u listen to more music then a card from m-audio would be great, i dont no alot about those cards ur better of going to the audio section of this forum for that. the only thing is a high-end audio card would be no good for gaming (wont support EAX). so chose between the two. or just get none, its on ly needed if u love clear audio or love in depth audio for games.

It means, in simple terms: Its not all about watts. There needs to be a good flow of amps on the 12V rail. If you give us some more info on the Power Supply then we can help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom