What next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McHopsky

In Runtime
My year old 7800GT is having overheating problems now and buying a cooler isnt an option, so my only option if I want to play games is to buy a new card.

My motherboard has the PCI slots (2 of them) right next to PCI-e slot, so if the graphics card is any bigger than one slot (like most cards these days), it'll blog a PCI slot that I need. If I bought a cooler, it would do the same.

Basically, I need a new graphics card to hold me over for awhile. No more than $250, better than 7800GT or equivalent and one that would not take any more room than 1 slot.

What would be my best choice?

I'd recommend a 7900GT too. It's slightly better than a 7800GT and you should be able to find one for around that price.

Well, if that card is overheating, what is gonna stop your other card from overheating..? It seems like it would be an issue within the computer and not just the video card :\

oliminator said:
Well, if that card is overheating, what is gonna stop your other card from overheating..? It seems like it would be an issue within the computer and not just the video card :\

It's been fine for a year... only lately am I having problems, and I havent changed anything about my airflow. Atleast I hope so... a XFX 7900GS (rather have speed than pipelines) is on the way.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom