what are my options..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
well i have officially fixed everything fixable with my computer... and it is time to start all of the programming and stuff i do for the first time with a good computer. I just have a few questions as to how "far" i can go...

First of all, i want to install muliple operating systems on one hard drive (mac os x (Tiger - 10.4.x), Kubuntu (linux), Windows 98 (or 2k), and Windows XP). This would be to kind of test them all out and see how they work, what gets them ticked and so on. What would be my best options for this? should i partion up my hdd for a XP/os x (using PearPC Emulator), 2k/98, and Linux, or is it worth the investment of another hdd or two (i would prefer to save my money for something better, but if it is a MUCH better idea than putting it all on one drive, please say so).

Second, i want to know if putting all of these o/s on my hdd or all together will mess something up, fry a componant, etc. I dont care what happens to my data (i have it all on cd's/dvd's), and i don't care about temperary problems such as not being able to game, lack of performance, etc.

Finally, are there any other options in terms of common operating systems i should test out or i should buy? Or possibly some kind of issues that i should know about such as PearPC not working with SATA drives, etc?

As i said before, i dont care how slow it will be going (unless it is utterly rediculus). My goal is to build a very simple operating system with some of my friends, but i want to know how to safely examine others and upgrade my pc to do it.

Thanks!

PS: I have checked out some stuff on putting more than one o/s on a hard drive and whatnot, but i just want to get a human responce to verify that it is ok to do. Here are some links to the operting systems and other info:

PearPC (Emulator)
Info about putting PearPC on a PC
Mac OS X (Tiger)
Kubuntu
Windows...

Other Info about my system/things that might matter:

SATA wd 200 carivar se (8mb)
Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Ed.
NEC cd/dvd drive
DWL-AG530 D-Link Network Card
Creative Speakers (2.1)
Wireless keyboard/mouse - Logitech DiNovo - Bluetooth
NF4 Chipset - SLI
PCI-E card, Nvidia

ulater6000 said:
How do you plan on putting mac os x on your pc?

Since apple started using Intel cpu's, the mac OS had been changed to work with intel architecture, the new OS can now work on any pc with an AMD or Intel cpu, or so i have heard.

well im not using the x86 version though, its the PearPC Emulator... if you go to the link about it you can "learn more"

but does anyone have an idea of what the best option is or any compatibility issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom