What Motherboard to get with Athlon 64 X2 5200+??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechtech3000

In Runtime
Hey guys I was wondering what would be a good motherboard to get with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ CPU? Listed below are a couple stipulations...

The video card I'm getting is a 8800 GTS most likely so I was wanting a Nvidia Chipset.

No SLI

What do you recommend?

Let me ask you a few questions first....do you plan to overclock? Also why not wait until the Intel price cut and get a C2D which will beat the adm for the same price?

Core 2 Duos are the best CPU's out at the moment...an E6320 which is about 25 more than the X2 5200 can be overclocked easily to 3.0ghz+.

if you were dead set on not overclocking then an AMD equivelent is fine however it is very safe to overclock these days and you get much better value out of them...

However this is a good cheap AM2 mobo
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

It also is one of the best overclocking boards for them as well so you can overclock your CPU...

You could get an X2 3600 for 60 bucks and that board and easily overclock to 3.0-3.2ghz and be on par with an X2 6000 for a lot less

also dont base your judgement on pure clock speed, intels are at the top of the market for duos, and if you look at the benchmarks an e6750 at 2.66 will kill a 3.0 x2 6000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom