What LCD to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekiel

Baseband Member
I need to buy a LCD that is good for gaming and that is at least 19 inch. List me off some good ones.

The first one, the Hanns G HANDS DOWN. Hanns G's picture quality are amazing for the price, my friend has one and it's very bright and very clear. 180 bucks for a 19in Widescreen with only 5ms response time is an excellent deal. Also it's free shipping!!! You can't pass up on a deal like that, I wish I didn't have to buy another gig or ram and headphone or I would buy it so fast.

any lg monitor im telling u u cant go wrong ul get a fast refresh rate atleast 5ms and that is the highest u may even get 2ms and all of there monitors are 2000:1 refresh ration unlike the veiw sonic that is 2ms and 600:1 and u can pick up a 19 inch for under 300 canadian

How much is 300 CAD though? You can't beat that Hanns-G for that money. There aren't any better monitors for quite a few more bucks.

SCEPTRE X20WG-Naga Black 20.1" 5ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

$229.99

I'm playing on this right now. I got it with no dead pixels out of the box, and it's been great. Be sure to hook up a DVI to this bad boy and not VGA. Huge difference between this and my old monitor. There is no flaw at all.

Yea thats a really good monitor as well, either that or the Hanns G, each one are great for the cash they cost.

You can't compare monitors just by specs, in my opinion any monitor with 8ms response time or less is good enough, also don't get contrast confused with dynamic contrast. You can also hardly say that one brand is so much better than the other when you're talking A-brands, because all of the listed monitors have a TN panel and so they all have the same limitations.

In my opinion 20" screens are a big leap forward due to the increase in resolution... from 17" to 19" there is no increase in resolution. In my opinion you'll get value for money if you buy a screen like that 20.1" Sceptre, especially with the $30 mail-in rebate making it $199.

Yeah, The 20.1in is the way to go because of the resolution increase, but if you want something a bit bigger go with a 22"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom