What if there is not enough voltage for my psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
I got the Zalman Zm600-HP(600 watts) from craigslist because someone sold it new, for $50

So anyways, I live in mexico and I am afraid there might not be enough voltage in my house, Its not mexico, its my house, so dont say its mexico fault.

This might sound funny, but when the washing machine is on, and it gets turned on, (to start washing) the light bulbs(example: instead of being 100% bright they go 80% bright) for like a second. So yeah the voltage is not set correctly in my house.

All of that, just to know what can happen to my computer. (not just talking about psu, also motherboard and so on.)

I have a 450 watt one, and its preety cheap trust me, and nothing has happened in around 3 years, but this one is 600w that could make a difference?

Note: i believe it has over/under voltage protection, but i want to make sure what would be the worst it could happen.

Yea, but will my system get damaged? that the thing I would like to know.

And yeah, I know it has to be re-wired. But that would cost alot.

Power supplys dont draw the peak power from the wall, so youre still using as much power with the new 600w as you did with the 450. Maybe less depending on how much more efficient it is.

I recommend you get a ups, it will help minimize power fluctuations and keep your system on if the house loses power.

I do have the surge protection, but that backup battery, i just think its not helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom