What is a good NVIDIA NFORCE 680i SLI motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte is good for the DS3R, and i think most widely used...

The DS3R is gigabytes model of the P35...it's only made by gigabyte. Can't you notice from the now legendary status board DS3. They wanted another hit selling overclocking board like the DS3 so all they did was add the R and viola!

Whats funny is the DS3R is being recommended just as the DS3 was months ago...

i really wouldnt get the 680i
and i own one so take my opion seriously. they are great o/cer's and grerat features etc.. its just not worth the extra cash. the ds3r o/c's better than the 680i or soo has been said and that alot cheaper get that and improve ur system for less.

The DS3R is gigabytes model of the P35...it's only made by gigabyte. Can't you notice from the now legendary status board DS3. They wanted another hit selling overclocking board like the DS3 so all they did was add the R and viola!

Whats funny is the DS3R is being recommended just as the DS3 was months ago...

hmmm I really should just do more research on the DSR3 but am running low on time. Anyone care to give me a run down of the different DS3/R models and their features/options/prices?

hmmm I really should just do more research on the DSR3 but am running low on time. Anyone care to give me a run down of the different DS3/R models and their features/options/prices?

p35c-ds3r- ddr3 supported
p35-ds3r- regular ds3r
p35-ds3p- ddr3 supported

p35c-ds3r- ddr3 supported
p35-ds3r- regular ds3r
p35-ds3p- ddr3 supported

It should be:

P35-DS3R: Regular DS3R...DDR2...One PCIe x16 slot.
P35-DS3P: DDR2...Supports Crossfire w/ one PCIe x16, and a PCIe x 4
P35C-DS3R: DDR2 & DDR3...One PCIe x16 slot.

It should be:

P35-DS3R: Regular DS3R...DDR2...One PCIe x16 slot.
P35-DS3P: DDR2...Supports Crossfire w/ one PCIe x16, and a PCIe x 4
P35C-DS3R: DDR2 & DDR3...One PCIe x16 slot.

thanks for the clearup, Im actually doing mobo research on it right now since I got off work early. Hey Sora how come u didn't opt for the C version for DDR3 ram in the future? Is it worth it?

It's not worth looking into DDR3 yet. Their timings are very loose at the moment...and I hear boards supporting two types of RAM, have a little bug issue.

It's not worth looking into DDR3 yet. Their timings are very loose at the moment...and I hear boards supporting two types of RAM, have a little bug issue.

uh oh...maybe I should just stick with the regular DSR3 board then...

lol.... u owned me :) but i forgot about the crossfire support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom