What is good enough? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 07:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

I hate to agree with Flanker... but he's 100% right.

j/k flanker.

Old 02-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Sweet, that cleared things up a bit. At least now I know. I know that all the PC's we did graphics on we used Intel, So i guess I can see why. And for that reason I just always used an Intel processor.

Thanks Flanker!

Old 02-06-2006, 08:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flanker

No prob. The reason most people don't know about AMD (I had no idea AMD existed about this time a year ago) is because they BARELY EVER advertise. I have NEVER seen an AMD commercial on TV. Intel, on the other hand, is an advertising whore. Theres an Intel commercial like ever 5 minutes. Instead of spending money on Advertising, AMD takes that money and uses it to create better processors.

Also, the reason so many school computers, and basically large amounts of computers are Intel is because Intel is so big and so rich. Again, Intel owns like 80%+ of the processor market. Its mainly because of makers like DELL, and Compaq, and some HP (thought HP sells AMDs). Most people buy Dells or something, and all dells have Intels in them, so that money goes to Intel. Intel can then use that money to sponsor schools or whatever. And thats why you always have to use Intel processors in school.

BUT MOST even half-serious gamers (thats 50%+) have AMD CPUs, so don't get left behind.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thank you too Havoc!!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Brtnboarder495

Quote:
No prob. The reason most people don't know about AMD (I had no idea AMD existed about this time a year ago) is because they BARELY EVER advertise. I have NEVER seen an AMD commercial on TV. Intel, on the other hand, is an advertising whore. Theres an Intel commercial like ever 5 minutes. Instead of spending money on Advertising, AMD takes that money and uses it to create better processors.
Tell me about it! And AMD joined the market shortly after Intel, which was over two or three decades ago. I never heard of AMD until I got into computer hardware a year ago too.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Techie

flanker why did You compair me to mike jackson....im confused...did I say somthing?
Old 02-06-2006, 10:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flanker

Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown Envy
flanker why did You compair me to mike jackson....im confused...did I say somthing?
Lol, I didn't mean any offense. I just wanted to add something completely unrelated to Intel and AMD, and Michael Jackson came then mind. Then I just went on a search for a name, and saw yours No offense intended, just some dark humor.

Closed Thread