What is a good brand for GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been running a MSI nVidia 9800GT for the past year and a half without any problems, so I'd recommend them.
Granted, I sold a friend a XFX 7600GT from two and a half years ago that works perfectly and looks like a higher quality product.

Well I just bought an EVGA GTX465 for $200 off Newegg. I think I got a pretty good card at a pretty good price. EVGA has a lifetime warranty so I'm pretty happy with the purchase. Time will tell how well it performs.

Strange that they offer a lifetime warranty on the 465 but not on the 460.

Strange that they offer a lifetime warranty on the 465 but not on the 460.

It depends upon which specific model of GTX 460 your looking at, or any of there products actually, as some 460's do have a Lifetime Warranty. If the part number ends in AR it has a Lifetime Warranty and if it ends in TR it has a 2 year Warranty.

When did XFX become top dog? They used to be total crap awhile back.... I prefer Sapphire, dislike eVGA due to me owning numerous cards of theres that failed right at the end of warranty.

I haven't tried any other brand as far as GPU, but, all of my MSI motherboards I have purchased over the years has proved to be really nice, and they all still work, except one, which was a Nforce3 based board.

also i would like to say over clock cards like xfx black edition and evga ftw's are usually worth the purchase as they are most often higher binned chips, and you will be able to overclock them even more from what they are. i have often had cards that didnt oc to ftw speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom