What to get!! ... again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
alrighty, i havent asked this question in a good while.. because obviously i've been broke... lol

but now that i've got my fulltime hours back (and possibly a pay raise to 10 dollars an hour if i butter up my new manager) its about time that i invest in a new video card.. seeing as i'm on a crappy 7300gt for the mean time :confused:

anyway, i've got a crossfire motherboard and would like to keep it to ati

my 2 choices would have to be the x1900xtx and the x1950xtx

i won't go any lower than those 2.. seeing as the x1900xtx open box is only about 305 dollars or something like that.. and x1950xtx's only being 399.99

my question being, which would be be the better move??? seeing as r600 is due at about january which isnt too far, i'm probably staying single card...

what i wanna know is how much better is the x1950xtx compaired to the x1900xtx.. and, will it run crysis just dandy???? because i wanna avoid going to crossfire with new cards around the corner...

if anyway (jseber) here has experience with both, i would like to know please, because reviews just don't always do it...

and i'm asking in about 2 weeks of advance... because i like to hear opinions over time.. and i won't get my paycheck for another 2 weeks... lol

oh and another thing, i've already owned an x1900xt... sucks at oc'ing because of its crappier ram compaired to x1900xtx, so thats outta the question.. i plan on grabbing a vf900 for it so i can oc like crazy

just got though reading some reviews, and the only difference i can find between the two is the new gddr4 memory, and a supposed new memory controller, making it the "r580+"..... still very hard decision.... but x1900xtx with a new heatsink may be the winner, but i'll hear out some opinions first

either way, the cards both pwnd the 7900gtx, and that makes me happy... lol, i won't lie, i'm a synthetic benchmark junkie and i plan on taking people out in 3dmark.... hopefully whichever card i get, i hit 13,000 in 05 easily

Since you're sticking with a single card for now, I'd recommend going with the lower priced card. Save the difference toward buying TWO of the next gen cards...

Trotter said:
Since you're sticking with a single card for now, I'd recommend going with the lower priced card. Save the difference toward buying TWO of the next gen cards...

i like the way your talking :p .... ya, i was thinking of the lower end card x1900xtx... still not low.... lol, but hopefully it'll handle crysis fine while i wait for the r600

but if i do get my old x1900xt back... i'm going to buy a crossfire card instead... lol, that'll hold me off a good long while... (seeing as i won't be buying windows vista for a good while... no dx10 for me)

ah, and since i'm on the subject of me buying things... i need to know of some really good fans, i need

2 120mm fans
and 1 80mm fan

Actually, the x1900 Pro is coming/just came out. Supposed to be around $199.

Trotter said:
Actually, the x1900 Pro is coming/just came out. Supposed to be around $199.

not to be a picky but thats to be 256mb right??? i'm planning on getting a new monitor in the near future and playing on 1680x1050 (22 inch samsung!! wooo!)

anyway... i think i'll be ordering the x1900xtx in to weeks, hopefully the price is still 305 dollars for an open box one.....

and i just ordered my ddr2 800 (2x512mb), i'll buy my other gig later on... i'm not too concerned with that.

hrmm.... i was thinking of getting the x1900 crossfire card instead... but i was considering an open box card.... what would you say the chances of me getting the crossfire dongle in it are??? because i wanna go crossfire with the x1900 series.. because i don't want r600 til it gets cheaper and vista gets cheaper, so this will be something i'll probably be stuck with til halfway through 2007 or something around that time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom