what to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, thats comforting.
Well, I've found the e6550's are pretty hardy little things, easily overclockable to 3.2Ghz
The thing that's bottlenecking your system atm, and it will be even more noticable if you got a q6600, is your 8600GT.
Myself, I'd upgrade to the 8800GT instead of upgrading the cpu. Though Vernong made a good point about your psu.
edit: I did a psu calculation, and your psu should be fine. (depending on how much amperage it can supply)
You said my 8600GT is bottlenecking my system, i forgot to mention that i have a SLi setup, is the bottleneck still significant?

you sli'd two 8600gt's? thats is a waste of money....it shouldn't bottleneck significantly but still will a bit. meh...just get an 8800gt and q6600 lol. You should upgrade your psu at the same time though because it is really going to be stressing it.

Yeah i made a bad choice, it was after i got the second 8600 that i found out i made a retarded decision :embaressed: . lol, getting all that is way too much money, my budget is only around 250ish

Wow, you should have said you had 2 8600's.
Well, I reckon sell off both 8600's now, before the price drops even more, and use the money to at least help buy the 8800GT. ****, it even might help enough to get you an 8800GT AND the q6600 :) ultimate scoreage for u there

yeah that would be awesome.....if i was rich lol. Maybe i will put my 8600's on craigslist..........

if you could get $70ish for each that would me awesome...it would almost pay for the 8800gt (an evga 8800gt is about 160 in Canada.) Then with the money you still have that you want to upgrade with get the q6600...but you might have to spring for a better psu.

? You could get more then that.... i just sold a 7600gt which is about the same performance for $75...but he got riped off a bit...it should have been $55. Id say you could get $50 easily if you sell it to the right person prob around 60-70.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom