What Gaming Mouse - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default What Gaming Mouse

Hi
My mouse has just broke. It keeps going all over the place when i try to move it. So I need a new mouse and I was thinking on getting a desent gaming mouse. So what's the best gaming mouse to buy?
I play all sorts of games (first person shooters, stratergy etc) but i mainly play FPS's. I would like it to be as cheap as possible but i don't mind paying an extra something for something special. I might also get a gaming keyboard and I read a thread on this forums where you suggested the salitek board and then mentioned the optimus keyboard. Do you think i should buy a gaming keyboard now or wait till the optimus keyboard goes into mass production and get that one?

Old 11-19-2005, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Either a Logitech MX518 or a Razer copperhead. Stay away from wireless, and stay away from the G5/G7, they have less buttons than the MX518 and copperhead.

Old 11-19-2005, 05:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flanker

Quote:
Originally posted by kahlos
Hi
My mouse has just broke. It keeps going all over the place when i try to move it. So I need a new mouse and I was thinking on getting a desent gaming mouse. So what's the best gaming mouse to buy?
I play all sorts of games (first person shooters, stratergy etc) but i mainly play FPS's. I would like it to be as cheap as possible but i don't mind paying an extra something for something special. I might also get a gaming keyboard and I read a thread on this forums where you suggested the salitek board and then mentioned the optimus keyboard. Do you think i should buy a gaming keyboard now or wait till the optimus keyboard goes into mass production and get that one?
Your mouse problem is a virus, not a broken mouse.

Quote:
Originally posted by 003
Stay away from wireless.
Wireless is excellent if its a decent mouse. MX1000 > MX518. I would go with the MX518 myself though.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

lol. the mx 1000 DOES have very small lag, i have used it before, i am not pulling this out of my ***. the mx518 does not. therefore I also conclude that the g7 also has lag, becuase it is the same type of mouse as the mx1000. sure you average gamer is probably not going to notice the lag, but I do. its like crts and lcds, if you are a hardcore gamer, a crt is still better than a 4ms lcd.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flanker

Quote:
Originally posted by 003
lol. the mx 1000 DOES have very small lag, i have used it before, i am not pulling this out of my ***. the mx518 does not. therefore I also conclude that the g7 also has lag, becuase it is the same type of mouse as the mx1000. sure you average gamer is probably not going to notice the lag, but I do. its like crts and lcds, if you are a hardcore gamer, a crt is still better than a 4ms lcd.
Even if no one can notice it?
Old 11-19-2005, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I can notice it. Otherwise I'd own a wireless mouse.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
True Techie

Thumbs up

Cool with the mouse it isn't a virus as i have tried it on an ancient computer in my loft and my mates and it still has the same problem. I think I'll go with the logtech one as it looks more comfy than the other one and it's half the price of the other one but the other one is better but i think the copperhead is a bit extreme for me. Anyways thanks
Old 11-19-2005, 06:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Then get a copperhead or mx518.